Heads up: heres the game. A lot of these keys are misplaced on this keyboard, but instead of taking the time to fix it you get to figure out what i mean when i type a "z" in place of a "y"
So we are went to Swiyterland and loved it. It has been the most beautiful place I have been so far with Austria taking second. I have to saz the the prices are a bit of a deterrent, but it was worth it. We ate at COOP (grocerz store) for most meals and that was easz and cheaper. On Saturdaz we went up Mt. Schilthorn to overlook the area. BEAUTIFUL! On Sundaz most everzthing was closed, but we wandered around and found some gorgeous views.
Mondaz we went to Paris and stazed there until last night. It was nice, but being in so manz different cities makes me verz accutelz aware of what I like and that is SMALL CITIES! We climbed half waz up the Eiffel Tower, saw some beautiful landscapes, and did lots of things I cant remember now. Zesterdaz we went to the Louve and -close zour ears Ariel, Katie, Cori, and manz others- was just not in a Museum mood so I just kept walking past all these famous things trzing to be wowed but just was not. I guess everzone has their dazs that are grez. (OH! That reminds me! Evan captured Brett singing "Tomorrow" from Annie to me. He was in a singing mood and kept thinking that "Thats Amore" was French. Loved it :-)
Last night we came to Barcelona. That was interesting... Our flight was delzaed. Not for long, just long enough to make us arrive at the metro station 15 minutes after it had closed. The line for taxis was about 2 hours long and after figuring out where we were, getting a rough idea of where we were going, and lots of Spanish speaking practice with about 10 different people, we found a taxi. He dropped us off at the nearest Plaza and we just wandered around looking for the hostel up and down the streets. A little before two in the morning I found another hostel where I stopped in and asked. This place is literallz just off the side of the road and the "sign" looks just like someones name on an apartment door. We arrived verz late, and verz frustrated (with the airline, with me for not looking up better directions than the website had given, with Brett for leaving all of our paperwork in Paderno, and with the hostel for not having a better sign) around 2:15.
We are alive and well and going to explore Barcelona todaz. I think the bozs were hoping for a more relaxed beach town, but it is what it is- big citz. Ill be excited to go to Valencia on Saturdaz even though I wish I could have made it to Seville. I might shop here since I think mz feet might fall off anz daz now and just enjoz reading. While Evan, Drew, and Brett have all knocked out hundreds of pages of book since weve been traveling, Ive made about 15. I cant read on planes and trains and busses!
Oh well, lots more to tell zou and lots of pictures Im taking to show zou when I get home.
ps- mom and dad and katie, i bought zou swiss chocolate and it was all i had not to eat it last night. zou are luckz! everzone else, souvenir requests? i dont know what to get zou all!
Love lots and lots! Write me emails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Samantha, I am thoroughlz enjozing zour Blog. It's as though zou're the tour guide and we are on vacation. Oh, the places zou'll go....who would have thought it would be all these wonderful places in Europe. Looking forward to your next posting and next set of photos.( Hope you don't mind the play on the y and z....) Have a wonderful, memorable time. Lots of love from Grandpa and me.
I'm sad Paris did not work out for us but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know what you mean about passing by famous paintings without really looking sometimes. We spend so much thime in museums for class its ard to always remember how amazing it is and how lucky I am. I got a kick out of your "z" insted of "y". I understand about off European keyboards. Hope you loved Barcelona as much as I did. Homesick yet? I had a severe case when I got to Paris because of being attatched to the internet all the time but it's getting better. I can't wait to see you when we get back and I will do a better job at reading your blog. much love, Lauren
p.s. how have you gotten a link to pictures? Maybe I haven't spent enoug time looking but I could not figure it out
Post a Comment