Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Germania and Thanks

Brett and I are off today to Germany for the Luther Trail in appx. 55 minutes! Wish us fun and warmth! It's supposed to be highs in the low 40's and we'll be spending our days outside. Stinkin Germany in the Winter...

Having friends here for Thanksgiving has been great. Yesterday we had our big Thanksgiving dinner with the program and I like to think that with Thanksgiving dinner comes Christmas music. But of course, nothing screams HOME in my heart like the holidays. It was hard to turn on Nat King Cole , Johnny Mathis, Pavarotti, and Feliz Navidad and not wish I was home frantically making Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, picking out Katie's outfit, and yelling at my dad not to touch the brownies, cookies, turkey, you name it :-) The dinner was turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, corn, pumpkin pie, cornbread and more, but not of it was right. The turkey wasn't fried. The stuffing was tart. The pie tasted like it had a cup of nutmeg. The mashed potatoes were runny. The cranberry sauce wasn't out of a can. Haha. It was wonderful to hear people stand up and say what they were thankful for, but it can't be the same as home. I felt truly homesick for the first time and it was hard to eat it all.

I'll be glad to be home... in three weeks. I'm not done yet!

"Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!"- 2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments: