Friday, November 30, 2007

TGIF

Next Friday by this time, I will be out of Paderno and onto a train for the last of my traveling before I get home. In the mean time, I really want to go out of town/the country this weekend, but everyone else wants to stay and study for finals. Sheesh. I could go by myself, but that wouldn't be much fun. There is a group going to Venice again tomorrow and I love Venice, but I'd kind of like to do something new. Another group is going to Verona, but I'm not crazy about it. What I really want to do, is go to Belgium. Too bad so sad. A trip for another year.

This week was semi-busy. We had a big test on Wednesday in marketing and I think I did really well so that is good. A lot of people missed a big question on the test, but luckily I second guessed myself and asked the teacher to clarify a question and he saved me. Very sad. That night we played powderpuff. I was playing, of course, so I don't have any pictures, but it was fun even though the refs changed the rules and we weren't allowed to do running plays. We lost. After that was Bible study on the Atonement. We read Leviticus 16 and Hebrews 9 and 10. It was really long, but pretty amazing to see the Old Testament parallel the New Testament so perfectly. What an amazing sacrifice that as Christians our sins are taken away so completely and so freely.

Last night was the gourmet dinner. We went to this town named Marostica and ate in a restaurant in a castle over looking the city. The whole place was gorgeous and the Christmas decorations and wood burning fire place was wonderful, but the food was not nearly as good as the first two dinners. Also, the place was really too small for the number of people there so I didn't get many pictures (the claustrophobia, you know.) Plus, what pictures we did get were on a night setting so they are kind of blurry. Other people go some, so i might have to rely on those.
I had class all morning, napped this afternoon in an effort to recover from averaging 6-6.5 hours of sleep per night, and then went to class. I think I might go to the gym now if only for the sake of staying somewhat routine.

I'm posting a few pictures now. More to come.

"For Christ has entered, not into the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf."- Hebrews 9:24

EDIT: The gym is overrated. I changed my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures! I am so looking forward to your being home and yet also wishing to see pictures of you in more beautiful places. Soak it all up! We'll start our Christmas season on the 14th! LOVE YOU