Last Friday after a long week of random things, I stayed in. I wanted to do the "Add at a seat to the table" event where the students were paired with Italian families for dinner for the night, but there were only 20 openings and over 100 of us and I wasn't fast enough to get in line. Next time, hopefully! Instead, I stayed in, waited to meet with the travel agent and got some homework done. Brett, Drew and I watch When Harry Met Sally. They fought me long and hard on it and we had put in the Guardian, but Brett said that if mine was more than 15 minutes shorter we could watch mine. It was 45 minutes shorter so I won :-) I had forgotten the main topic of that movie, and although the sex talk was a bit much sometimes, it was funny and nice to just veg-out... even if there was no junk food.
On Saturday I got up and wanted to go to Venice, but the schedule didn't really work out. I got lots done and that night Brett and I went to dinner with our friends Rachel and Ryan, a couple from OU. We went to a little Enoteca, wine bar, then to a little ristorante where we spent way to much on some really good chicken. After that we waited for a few hours... and a few scoops of gelato... for a taxi.
Sunday was just more studying pretty much and booking stuff with the travel agent. The final plans: Friday night Evan (Brett's roommate), Drew, Brett, and I will head off to Interlaken, Switzerland. On Monday morning we'll travel to Paris and stay there until Wednesday night when we leave for Barcelona, Spain. We will stay in Barcelona until Saturday morning when Brett and I will head out for Valencia, Spain and Evan and Drew will fly back to Venice. Brett and I will leave on the same noon flight on Sunday. Yes, it is me and three boys, but my roommate and Allison and some other people from the program will be staying the same place as we are in Paris so I'll survive. Haha.
Anyway, its raining and cold and I have two tests this week and I'm sick of being stuck in here. I suppose what Dr. Neal Becker always says is true: it doesn't matter what the weather is like because if it is nice out, you will want to be outside and if its raining out you will want to stay in bed, and if its snowing you'll want to sled. You never want to go to class anyway so quit complaining about the weather. True. Fair.
Last night I attended more Kepner Tregoe leadership training. Maybe its not worth my time, but maybe it is. I stayed awake anyway and might have learned something so thats a step in the right direction :-) Tonight we are hearing a speaker on Business in Italy and tomorrow there is more KT. Test tomorrow and on Friday. Blah blah blah.
Thursday is Bible study! That is exciting!
Food for thought:
"But someone will say, 'You have faith and I have works.' Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." (James 2:18)

2 comments:
I love WHen Harry Met Sally! its one of the few movies I brought with me.
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment