Friday, October 26, 2007

I would really like to do laundry, but currently there is only one dryer for about 110 students. Just ask me how well that works out.

I would consider buying new jeans, but the Italians are hiding them from us. Remember? Oh well. I'll smell a little... more than usual :-)

2 comments:

LBMassey said...

Laundry is the same here in our dorms. two washers and one dryer for 100+ students. I guess I can't complain. We did'nt have a dryer in Italy.

Unknown said...

Regarding exchange rates, all I can say is I Feel Your Pain! Actually living in Europe while earning dollars is hugely expensive.

Regarding laundry, when I was Study Abroad in lived in a village in Nepal and washed my clothes by taking them to the washing spot on the stream and pounding them. Even in the freezing temps of January. Or just wore them dirty (you decide). this is also how we bathed our bodies (while wearing a sari like garment). Once a week I rode my bike into Kathmandu and rented a room for $1 so that I would take a real hot shower and wash my hair!